An important goal for you to keep in mind is that our objective is to make Sockstarz a special place to shop. Not only because of its great socks; but also, because of our friendly and attentive attitude and ability to make each and every customer feel welcome.
- Know our Mission - “SockStarz is a novelty sock business that Harc has developed to create employment opportunities for adults with special needs. Proceeds from the sales help to create more jobs for people with disabilities. Our colorful, unique socks are a fun way to express your personality. We have socks for adults, kids and the kid in all of us! Every sock you buy funds support, training, and skills development that helps a person with intellectual and developmental disability find and keep a job they love that pays a dignified wage”.
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent sales services
- Welcome customers to the store
- Assist customers with locating or replacing products
- Place and restock merchandise
- Process POS (point of sales) purchases and assist customers with purchases
- Work with other team members and leaders to ensure a high quality customer experience
- Assist with preparations for displays, i.e. holiday and sales displays
- Clean, clear and tidy the sales floor
- Work with Sales Associate to process incoming merchandise shipment
- Compare shipment to purchase order to check for accuracy
- Place price labels on merchandise, where applicable
- Pull merchandise to fill online orders and package for mailing
- Previous experience in sales, retail or related field, preferred
- Hands –on experience with POS transactions with the ability to transact cash & CC Sales, preferred
- Professional work appearance that requires the wearing our socks
- 4th grade math skill level
- A friendly and energetic personality with a customer service focus
- Availability to work flexible shifts
- Ability to work independently and as an active member of a team
Skills and Qualifications Listening, Customer Service, Selling to customer needs, People skills, Energy level, Dependability, Verbal communication, Job Knowledge
We are a novelty sock company that is ran and produced by individuals with I/DD. We are in business to provide career and skill building opportunities for people with I/ DD to earn a dignified wage. We are solely based on providing opportunities to the I/DD community and 100% profit goes to Harc that allows them to support and fund the programs and services we provide to the I/DD community and families.
SockStarz is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.