An important goal for you to keep in mind is that our objective is to make Sockstarz a special place to shop. Not only because of its great socks; but also, because of our friendly and attentive attitude and ability to make each and every customer feel welcome.
- Know our Mission - “SockStarz is a novelty sock business that Harc has developed to create employment opportunities for adults with special needs. Proceeds from the sales help to create more jobs for people with disabilities. Our colorful, unique socks are a fun way to express your personality. We have socks for adults, kids and the kid in all of us! Every sock you buy funds support, training, and skills development that helps a person with intellectual and developmental disability find and keep a job they love that pays a dignified wage”.
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent sales services
- Welcome customers to the store
- Assist customers with locating or replacing products
- Place and restock merchandise
- Process POS (point of sales) purchases and assist customers with purchases
- Work with other team members and leaders to ensure a high quality customer experience
- Assist with preparations for displays, i.e. holiday and sales displays
- Clean, clear and tidy the sales floor
- Work with Sales Associate to process incoming merchandise shipment
- Compare shipment to purchase order to check for accuracy
- Place price labels on merchandise, where applicable
- Pull merchandise to fill online orders and package for mailing
- Previous experience in sales, retail or related field, preferred
- Hands –on experience with POS transactions with the ability to transact cash & CC Sales, preferred
- Professional work appearance that requires the wearing our socks
- 4th grade math skill level
- A friendly and energetic personality with a customer service focus
- Availability to work flexible shifts
- Ability to work independently and as an active member of a team
Skills and Qualifications Listening, Customer Service, Selling to customer needs, People skills, Energy level, Dependability, Verbal communication, Job Knowledge
We are a novelty sock company that is ran and produced by individuals with I/DD. We are in business to provide career and skill building opportunities for people with I/ DD to earn a dignified wage. We are solely based on providing opportunities to the I/DD community and 100% profit goes to Harc that allows them to support and fund the programs and services we provide to the I/DD community and families.When it comes to finding a job or learning a new skill, our individuals will always have options at Harc. We train and support them to work in different types of job environments, and we make this process easy and practical. Our trained staff assist with the learning, training, and skills needed, so our individuals adopt the appropriate tools to have a job that they will excel in and get paid a dignified wage. Once our individuals are trained, they will climb the career ladder in hopes of working at SockStarz or outside in the community. Harc receives 100% of the profit that is made from Sockstarz, and by having our online store, it assists in the funding of our training and learning programs, where our Direct Support Professionals and Job Coaches teach them how to use technology, gain customer service skills, and have the training they need to be successful. As an e-commerce site, our individuals are trained to package, sort through merchandise, and experience what it would be like to have a job that is similar to their experiences and skills that they have grasped during their time at Harc. Even after our individuals start their new job, Harc is here to support and guide them during their new career journey. We partner with local employers in the community to help find the right career for our individuals. Harc will always be invested in our individuals’ ongoing professional success. So, buy socks, and change the lives of individuals who have intellectual and developmental disabilities, and be a part of their successes and triumphs in life.
SockStarz is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.